Wednesday, May 30, 2007

TAHNEES DOLL RUTH GERTRUDE

RUTH GERTRUDE

This is my daughter Tahnee's doll, her name is Ruth Gertrude......(Dad and Mum will appreciate this name....lol)


This little girl wasn't going to be a OOAK however when I undid her hair to wash her I found out she had a haircut at some stage and had a large chunk missing right from the front. Above is her full body shot not long after she arrived, she was a curly piggies girl, bad haircut, fairly clean soft skin, bluey-hazel eyes one has a slight crack in it, whites are nice and scratch free, they are very similar color to Tahnee's. She however un-made up looks so plain, for a while I was calling her plain Jane, she looks like she needs some sun. Very boring, I had no idea she would turn out like she did when finished.

I told Tahnee not long after discovering the haircut that she could have the doll, she had been nagging me for quite sometime for one of her own, and this one had a couple of other faults so I decided she really was only worthy of being a childs toy again.....its sad, she is a reject, yes i give my children reject toys, lol. Tahnee was carefully studing me at work, and After Ruth had a bath and was dry I set about working on her make-up, Tahnee asked if she could help so I let her, I gave her the blue water soluable pencil and she gave Ruth some eyelashes, "cause she doesn't have any mummy" (pictured below, and since washed off...lol)

Below is the finshed doll, unfortunately her hair had to go, even styled the chopped chunk stood out to much, so I made her a wig from a lovely pinky red mohair mix, it is very soft and looks stunning, so much better than in the picture, i even made her lps a bit darker to suit her hair. Tahnee loves her, she worked out really well, I love her.....I wonder if i can change my mind and keep her now......

Given to Tahnee Ella Rawson 30/5/2007, a my child all of her own, now she can stop nagging me for one.....no doubt Hollie will start soon....lol.

No comments: