Friday, May 18, 2007

OOAK Pink Fairy


OOAK PINK FAIRY

This dirty little girl was brought for me buy my Mum & Dad, they just traveled from Bairnsdale to Darwin & back again and stop at every op shop along the way to no avail, they found this little lady in Queensland, dirt and all I am very happy. She is in good condition apart from the dirt and a small hole in her lip, eyes are bright and crack free, make-up is faded but will come up well when I do it.

She was originally a long piggie tails girl, American, made in china, she has however had a very bad haircut, but I think was very well loved, due to the pilling & dirt build up. I started with the normal scrub & soak, however this didn't work, dirt was too built up, so I popped her in a pillow case, tied it in a knot and she went in the wash with the rest of my laundry. She came out cleaner but still not like she once was, so I decided to make her into a OOAK (one of a kind) doll.

I thought she should be a pink fairy, so I dyed her, I didn't think it would take to her hair, but it took better to her hair than her body, she has come out the softest shade of pink, with brighter pink hair. It covers up her dirt nicely.

I am going to tightly curl her hair, to cover up the bad haircut, I don't really want to cut it all off, if it doesn't work out then I may have to give it the snip, It would be ok as spotlight has some stunning pink wool with a glittery thread running through it at the moment, I may even get a ball to knit her a scarf and socks as it is so pretty.

Above and below shows her hair during the curling process, this envolves you taking small sections of the hair and fastening it to a drinking stra with a bobby pin, you then carefully wrap the hair around the straw and fasten it again with another pin. When all the hair has been fixed this way you boil water and then let it cool for a minute then carefully pour it over all the rolled curls, carefull not to miss any, you then let it dry for 24 hours, then repeat the boiled water process again, then leave to dry for 48 hours, then straws and pins can be removed.Below you can see the curls after the straws have been romoved, it worked so well, I am very happy i wanted nice tight curls allover, you can't even tell she has had a bad haircut now.
Still not finshed keep an eye out for more updates.









No comments: