Saturday, May 5, 2007

Amelias blonde baby "Ruby"



RUBY

Full body shot above, front & back.

This little girl belongs to Amelia, I am working on her to bring out her former glory, unfortunately for Amelia that glory was covered in dirt and had a terrible smell, but I have a good feeling this little girl is going to be beautiful again. The above photo doesn't really show how dirty her face is, but it is bad. Amelia paid good money for this doll and was told it was in excellent condition, she was so upset when Ruby arrived, dirty, smelly, scratched, just heartbreaking, I would have cried too, even knowing I could repair her. So Amelia posted her to me for a little spa trip & some minor surgery.

Little Ruby was the worst doll I had ever seen, she had so much dirt on her face I thought it may have been mould, she had a large dark mark on one arm, all her fingers & toes were dirty, her eyes are both badly scratched, she has some scratchs into the pile of her felt on her face, one large v shaped one above her left eye and also below it, her hair isn't too bad, just dirty and tangled in places, her original part was long gone, oh and she smells.

Soaking in the tub, her face is all white from soap suds (above)

I decided the best thing to do was to give her a bath straight away in oxy action nappy san. Two buckets of this and 24 hours later, and she was starting to show some promising signs of being clean, I had to cscrub her face 4 times with sard and a toothbrush, I scrubbed her fingers, toes and the dark mark on her arm, lucky it came off.


After her bath she is starting to look nice, almost like a different doll (above)

After her soak & scrub I gave her a very long rinse, you need to rinse them well as any residual soap can attract dirt, whilst she relaxed wrapped in towels I took to her still damp hair with a comb, never brush as it can cause frizz. First I applied some conditioner, left it for a while, then i rinsed it out, I also used johnsons baby hair detangler on it to add ease of combing through, I found her part line and opened it out, ready to re-weave, turns out she is a long piggies girl, allthough she does have some curl to her hair and when pulled into to piggies its fairly uneven, I have decided she is actually a ringlet piggie girl. Her fringe weaving is still intact, saves me a job, lol, its nice and thick, she has a lovely head of hair.


Tempory piggies in her hair, before I re-weave her fringe, she will sit to dry for a couple of days now (above)

Still a long way to go, her hair part will be done in the next couple of days, as well as her outfit etc. 8/5/2007
Above is her hair all finished, her part went really well, I think because I have now done a few it is getting easier, I know what to do now without trying to hard. lol. Also in this shot you can see under her neck is a little indent, I had to open her back and add a little extra stuffing to pad her out, this is now gone. Also you can see that I have touched up the whites of her eyes, unfortunately they were scratched deep into the plastic of the eye and were hard to touch up, but they came up well despite it. Her make-up only neeeded a little touching up, just to freshen it up.



Above shows her hair part all done, it looks so good, so much better than the original mess...lol

Above all done, make-up, hair, skin, leg stiching, re-stuff, and an outfit, a cute little replica Aussie School Girl outfit, she looks so good. I left her hair in straight piggies as it is lovely and soft, I couldn't bring myself to curl it.



I will miss her!

She was boxed up today,

and has been posted back.

Enjoy her Amelia, she is a really cutie and I can not beleive how good she looks now.

11/5/07



No comments: