Friday, May 18, 2007

Amelias Bianca



AMELIA'S SAD NEW BABY.....BIANCA

This photo shows the front of her face, note yellow forehead and red splotch on cheek.









All I can say about when I first this little girl pop out of the box was, "oh my Gosh", She had paint from head to toe, the most matted dreadlocked hair ever, she was going to be hard work, I kept
hearing a little voice in my head saying..."haha you've bitten of more than you can chew"

Upon insepection of her I noted she is an Aussie/Euro doll with peachy skin, green eyes, her part line indicates she has pigtails, due to the matted hair this indicated she had ringlets as well as ringlet dolls when treated badly tend to get matted hair quickly.


This photo clearly shows the rats nest that was her hair, and the popped seam on her arm.

I got started straight away...... I started with the usual bath and scrub, extra elbow grease required here, She had the following things wrong with her skin, all over pilling, large yellow and blue paint marks all over, very dirty fingers on both hands, and both feet had dirty toes, eyes were ok, right eye was scratched, nose was very dirty, red paint mark on left cheek, yellow paint across forehead, large green blob of paint over left eye, neck is a little loose, right arm is un-
stiched on back seam, one ankle stitch is loose and need replacing, hair looked like rats had lived in it for a very long time...lol, all sorts of treasures buried in it.

After the first intital soak and scrub I started on her hair, I combed and pulled and conditioned for an hour and 15 mins, but I managed to pull all the matts out, as well has a heap of synthetic grass, fluff, string and some unknown bits of stuff. This photo shows what her hair looks like combed out and brushed down, prior to treatment.

After combing her hair out I treated the ends of the hair to help with the frizziness, I pour boiling water over the hair to help remove it, not sure how it works, but it works.



I found the centre of her part and opened it out, ready for re-weaving, I then plated her hair to stop it tangling whilst she was back in the bath.

Photo shows her hair after treatment, and ready to plat.

I then popped her back in the bath for more scrubbing and an overnite soaking in oxi action nappisan. In the morning I scrubbed her a bit longer with sard and found that all but a few of the paint marks had come out, especially her face paint, it was gone, only a few remain on her body and legs, but no biggy as she will be dressed and you won't notice it at all.

This picture shows her washed and drying, note the hair, I still can't beleive I got through the mess and I am now able to plat it, can't wait to do the part and then put the ringlets in. I also noticed after she had a brush over on her skin with the toothbrush that she had a small hole in her left thumb, I think the dirt and paint was holding it together lol, I will fix it with invisible thread.

Hair has been parted and put into pony tails, soon to be curled into ringlets, fringe will also need to be put in curlers to round it and even it out, at the moment some bits poke up, oh well better than it looked when I first started hey? Who new under that mess would be such beautiful shiney blonde hair.



Oh it only took another hour to part her hair & fringe and put it into pigtails! But her part is just lovely, its so nice when they have lovely thick hair, the part combs out well and you don't have to go back and pull more plugs across to cover holes, as sometimes happens with doll that have thinner hair.




This picture below shows her hair in the straw rollers, I use drinking straws and bobby pins to create ringlets, this creat a nice even size and when you treat them the pins & straws stand up to the heat of the boiling water. I use velcro rollers for the fringe it makes it nice and fat and rounded.

Below is the back of her head, showing the pigtails & rollers.
Below is the back of the head after the rollers have been taken out, these are true ringlets, if you prefer you can finger comb them out and then you get nice curls.


Below this is the side veiw of one of the pigtails after the rollers were removed, I have also touched up her make-up, (not pictured) I will stitch up her damaged arm seam & ankle stich tomorrow and make her an outfit.


Below is Bianca's posed shot after having her make-up done and her barrettes in. She is stunning now.
The photo below shows her Barrettes in a little more detail, they are wider lace that matches the lace on her romper, with pink ribbons & white ribbon rosettes, with green ribbon leaves, they have nice long pale pink ribbon trails.
Below is a bit more posing, relaxed though this time, I decided this little girl should have a Pinny Romper outfit to wear, it suits her so well. Pale colors seam to go well with the peach skin tones.


Below shows of her pinny romper really well, This outfit consits of a pale pink romper (all in one suit, pants attached to the top) it has soft lace trim in white. Over the top is her lovely little apron made from soft cotten voille it is sort of sheer, I have hand embroidred on the bodice and also the pocket some pale pink flowers with green leaves and yellow centres. (her original shoes belong to my Hollie doll and are used for display only)


Well another little girl refreshed and ready for a new lease on life for you Ameilia, I cannot beleive how well she has turned out, she is stunning, from what I started with to what she has become is almost a miricle. Enjoy your sweet little Bianca.

Bianca re-birthed on the 25/5/2007

No comments: