Saturday, March 24, 2007

My third My Child restoration Emma

Emma in Detail

Again another little baby from eBay, Emma really wasn't in too bad a condition, her original top knot part was missing and most of her fringe was pushed up with the rest of her hair, her fingers & toes were a little dirty her make-up was very faded. She had really loose skin under her chin as well.

Opposite is a picture of how she looked on eBay, her face looked so sweet, lucky for me she was a cheap buy it now, so I actually won one with no effort at all. Sometimes you are looking at the right time.

She was wearing her original pampers diaper, one tab was still sticky the other wasn't




I began by giving her a nice bath, unfortunately I scratched her eye white quite badly when I was cleaning her, I was so mad at my self, when she was dry the first thing I did was re-paint the whites of her, something I didn't find to be much fun, you cannot get the color right, so you have to paint all four whites. They ended up being a creamy color but it matches her complexion well. I then set out to tackle her hair, I had never done a top knot part, but managed it quite well, her fringe was a challenge, I spent a lot of time combing, I then set it in rollers so it sat well. I popped some rollers in the back to,just to give it a slight wave. Next came her make-up, fresh shadow, lips, lashes and brows, she is just so sweet.

I had no option but to give her a face lift, she was just to saggy under her chin. I went under her neck and right around, once her skin was nice and tight it really seamed to change her face again.

I was going to make her a white & pink dress, but her toning lead me to pick pink & cream, I found a lovely little pink & cream floral and teamed it with cream pointy eyelet lace and pink ribbons, I even made her a barrette for her hair and some little socks with side bows to match, her shoes are non original cabbage patch shoes, she is just so sweet she had to have something on her toes to keep them warm.

Opposite is a the full length shot of Emma, finished and ready for a new home.


I really do like this little girl and I have bonded with her, but I made a decision to only keep blue eyed puppy tails, I will probably regret this, but I decided to list her on eBay, I will up date this page when she sells, fingers crossed.





No comments: