Thursday, March 22, 2007

Introduction

Introduction
My name is Kathleen, I am a married to Glenn we have two sweet little girls Tahnee and Hollie and a snoring fluff hound named Shauna.

When I was a little girl I had two cabbage patch dolls which I loved and still love, however my cousins both had My Child dolls, I thought they were pretty special but never got one.

I happened to stumble upon one for sale on a my child restoration website that looked a lot like my little girl Hollie, I brought her and the obsession began. Opposite is my Hollie and her Hollie look alike. All though I really need to track down a very hard to find and expensive strawberry blonde, to get a better match, but she was a nice start.

Now things have changed, I'm on eBay and have recently been buying them and restoring them to their former glory. Sometimes they stay (I bond with the little buggers, LOL) but mostly I am on-selling them again on eBay and doing well from it.

I have decided to only keep the blue eyed girls, particulary the puppy tailed ones, I have a redhead, brunette, blonde and ash blonde all ready, no strawberry yet but one day I hope. I am also trying to collect all the seersucker suits I have yellow, pastel rainbow & pink, only bright rainbow & blue to go, I would like to have them all in original T-bars, two down three to go, it's going to take some time and $$$ hence the restorations and on-selling, to feed my habit. Opposite is the girls that are staying with me, three are fully restored one (blonde) still has a little way to go.


This picture below (this is her before photo) is the first my child I fully restored and then sold on eBay, she originally came to me from the USA, she then had a few weeks at my beauty parlour, was listed on eBay and low and behold, sold to someone in the USA, so back she went, I guess she was homesick. Tahnee decided she should be called DORA, after DORA the explorer, because sh had brown hair and eyes like DORA. She was quite a mess, hair everywhere, dirty, makeup just about all faded away, So she got the works, hair wash & re-part (a painful and long job) a full body soak and scrub, dried and then smoothed her skin, re-made up her face and made her a lovely little colorful dress. I think she worked out well and below is her after photo.















I can't work out how to rotate my pictures yet, sorry.
Anyway its quite late now I will publish more of my work again soon, I am hoping to take on commission work, ie; people who have dolls and want them restored but don't want the hassell of doing it themselves, Price on application, I will take before after & during photos and send them back with the doll to their owner, all postage costs will be at the owners expense, and must be sent by registered post, any enquires or questions please feel free to email me, babboo76@hotmail.com or have a look on eBay under my user name for items I have for sale, chickenmini










































No comments: