Saturday, March 31, 2007

My fourth little girl restored Gracie

Gracie in detail
This little girl was actually one of the better
girls I have won eBay. She really was in pretty good condition, Gracie is a lovely little American girl made in china, with sweet green eyes and pink lips, opposite is a picture of her straight out of the box, look at those pleading little eyes saying please make me a dress, I'm cold.

Still she needed a bath so of to the bucket she went, once washed and dried I re-applied her make-up basically just freshening it up as it was mostly there except slightly faded, I also brushed her skin with a toothbrush to give it back some of its softness and remove piling etc. She does have a small cluster of scratches to the white part of her right eye up high, but I left them there as they are not too bad, not worth the hassle of fixing them.

Fortunately her original part was still there so all I had to do to her piggies was smooth them out and straighten her fringe up. Opposite is her original part still intact and looking good, most of the dolls I have, their parts are long gone and their hair is a mess.

I decided she should have a dress similar to the original party dress and in green tones, fortunately for her my sewing machine needed a service, (unfortunate for my hip pocket, lol) as this is where I found the material for her new dress, our local Spotlight store isn't bad with its quality quilting fabric but it just didn't have what I wanted, I found this pretty green and purple floral at the sewing machine repair shop in Lakes Entrance.

Her dress is trimmed in soft fine cream lace, with a cream colored front yoke, and purple bow on the front to highlight, I made her matching barrettes out of the lace and with purple bows in the centre, I put the hook Velcro on the backs of my barrettes so they don't have any fiddly ribbons on them to tie and that way you can just pop them of to change them at any time, its a better way I feel of making them. I even made her cream socks and trimmed them with lace and bows. I think she worked out really well, she has wistful eyes in this photo, and she looks like she is going to spin and dance or joy at any moment, she is currently on eBay to sell, I am only doing buy it now on my dolls from now on, as i keep getting offered ridiculous amount for them, I am not going to give them away I work hard on them and they look awesome, when I have finished, who ever buys them will love them and not have to do a thing to them except display them.
I would love to keep her but I promised Glenn I would only keep the blue eyed girls.... we will see maybe I could sneak a few in the back of the cabinet with other colored eyes and he won't notice.


No comments: