Saturday, March 24, 2007

My second My Child restoration, Molly

Molly in Detail Aussie Two Tone Ash Blonde Crimp OOAK

My next restoration was a sweet little two tone ash blonde Aussie Crimp doll, again another eBay win, I won her and her identical twin sister, unfortunately both of the girls had been to a junior hairdresser and had come out with a not so attractive look... Molly surived better than her sister, she just had most of her once culy fringe cut off. So after giving them both a bath I decided that molly should have a hair transplant, and that her sister would be the donner... and so the process began....

This photo opposite shows her freshly unpacked from the box she was posted in to me, note the fringe, or lack off it.


The first thing I had to was remove her head!!! I felt so bad doing this, like I was murdering someone and hacking up the body...LOL. I have since done it a fewtimes and the guilt lessens. After unpicking all the seams around her neck and removing the cord, I pulled and pulled and stabbed with butter knives to no avail it just would not budge, I then emailed a lady from the My Child group and she suggested I heated the head up, so after running her under hot tap water and pulling again, it just popped off, yeah!!! I was stoked, allthough she looked a bit sad. I then begain, I cut off what was left of the fringe and a few of the short pieces on the top down to the scalp and pushed what I could back though the hole into the scull cavity. I borrowed a really long needle from my Mum I pushed it eye end down and through the head to poke out the neck hole, and cutting the longer plugs of hair from her sisters head I then carefully knotted them, threaded them through the eye of the needle and pulled them up through the holes where hair once was. Once all the plug holes were filled (a few hours later) I then stitched her head back onto her body. It was then that I could carefully trim the very long fringe and style her hair.
This picture shows her after head was back on but just before I neatend up her fringe. I then touched up her make-up. On to the outfit, again using good quality fabric, I chose something with a blue base to bring out the color in her eyes, I also made her some little socks and a hair bow, velcro on the back of the bow so it jst sort of sits on the hair, no ties etc.

When she was all done I posed her for some pictures and then decided she wasn't going to stay with us, even after all the work and how cute she is I just didn't bond, I think I prefer the pale skinned American girls to the peachy Aussie girls. So she was also listed on ebay, and yet again she sold and guess what, she was off to America too. The photo below shows ow cute she was when finished a real OOAK (one of a kind)



Close-up of her sweet little face, shes waving goodbye, of to the USA.

No comments: